OSS Bank do not support “Black Friday” for the following reasons:
- According to the website Black Friday Death Count, seven people died and 98 were injured in Black Friday-related accidents from 2006 to 2014. Dangers include stampedes, fights, and falling asleep while driving home from shopping due to lack of sleep.
- Though store employees might be thankful for clocking more hours on the job, they aren’t so happy about those hours cutting into their Thanksgiving celebrations.
- It kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save money by shopping Black Friday sales when you actually end up making a lot of impulse buys.
- The sale “stimulates overconsumption, materialism, and a work-and-spend culture”.
- Waste and lack of recycling of our existing products which we are replacing as well as purchased products that go unused.